4 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Hire a professional moving company, the reduction in stress levels will far out weigh the cost.
- Transfer school records.
- Arrange to transfer (or take with you) medical, dental and other important records.
- Prepare to transfer your home insurance to ensure you’re covered for any unforeseen disasters.
- Consider holding a garage sale to get rid of unneeded items; arrange to place excess items in storage.
- Keep track of moving related expenses.
- Notify change of address and the date you will be moving to: post office, doctor, dentist, subscriptions, credit card companies and other important contacts.
- Arrange for disconnection or transfer of BC Hydro, gas, cable, internet service provider, security company etc.
- Stop or transfer newspaper delivery service.
- Arrange to close or transfer bank accounts and order cheques with your new address.
- Have an extra supply of prescription medications for the next four weeks.
THE WEEK OF YOUR MOVE
- Keep valuable financial records and personal papers with you; do not pack them with the rest of your household goods.
- Contact your moving company and confirm the arrangements.
- Clean out the fridge/freezer and defrost.
- Clean your house or arrange for a professional cleaning company to do it for you.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.